– Vintage 2014 –
A week of delicate by-the-berry selection
A vintage year with a great deal of rainfall but also blessed with a satisfying amount of sunshine allowed us to hope for a good and abundant harvest until the end of August. But shortly before we were to begin picking the rains fell, which led to the development of rot in the early-ripening varieties Zweigelt, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir. The painstaking selection process that became necessary in the vineyard cost us a great deal of time, and the yield was dramatically reduced. As the harvest progressed, the weather improved steadily, so we were able to pick gorgeous Chardonnay, Blaufränkisch and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes.
A week of delicate by-the-berry selection also yielded small quantities of nobly sweet wines. All this taken together shows the 2014 vintage – from external conditions so difficult – in a much brighter light than we could reasonably have expected at the beginning of September. However, there are two wines that will remain absent from the portfolio this year. All of our Sauvignon Blanc from the Methusalem vines went into the Sauvignon Blanc Steinmühle, and because we could harvest no top-quality Zweigelt, there will be no Steinzeiler from the 2014 vintage.
Maturity and shelf life
- Rosé: 2014 till 2018
- Steinmühle Sauvignon blanc: 2015 till 2020
- Chardonnay Leithakalk: 2015 till 2020
- Neusatz: 2016 till 2025
- Tatschler: 2016 till 2025
- Katterstein: 2016 till 2025
- Gloria: 2016 till 2025
- Dürr: 2016 till 2020
- Zweigelt Föllikberg: 2016 till 2020
- Blaufränkisch Leithakalk: 2016 till 2020
- Eichkogel: 2016 till 2025
- Cabernet Sauvignon: 2016 till 2030
- Setz: 2017 till 2030
- Point: 2017 till 2030
- Beerenauslese Chardonnay: 2015 till 2030
- Trockenbeerenauslese Scheurebe: 2015 till 2050
- Trockenbeerenauslese Chardonnay: 2015 till 2050
- Trockenbeerenauslese Sauvignon blanc: 2015 till 2070
Because it’s not only the inner values that count.
Wine boxes made of solid wood -
perfect as a present
As a presentation-piece, as an eye-catcher in the vinotheque or just for appropriate storage, these handsome wooden boxes are the right idea. First-class handcrafted wooden boxes are available in different sizes ...